Friday, August 15, 2008

The Veri-cabulary

For the past few months, I've noticed, and have been entertained by the "word verifications" that crop up while leaving comments on people's blogs. I thought to myself, "Self, ...are any of these letter combinations actually "words".... in these "word verifications"? Not usually, or arrrrrrrrre they? I've done a little research.... These are some of the ones I've found... Let's keep track together...



1."zrmtkq" - The behind the scenes term used by the East Russian counterparts of the Verizon technical support team, describing the horizontal lines appearing on my blackberry screen, rendering it completely unusable. Remember though, it's only the "horizontal" lines....vertical is something completely different.

2. "zcwchg" - I'm not sure exactly what this one means, but it certainly HAS to be cool, because, really, how could ANYTHING be EoZ......that would just be silly.

3. "fnxmxd" - A term only known by old school electronics installers deeply entrenched in the "biz" for the inevitable big ball of tangled wires found behind your entertainment center when a reorganization is required. It's amazing. A puzzle...if you will.

Just a few examples! More to come soon if I can find them! I'll keep them coming as well!

No comments: